Englander 25pdv helicopter sound

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bridge1016

Oct 25, 2014
Pa
Ok hopefully someone can help me I have a 2002 englander 25 pdv gave her a good cleaning about 10 days ago took everything apart exhaust blower etc. I also modified my burn pot which has worked amazing no more ash build up or clinkers. Now every now and then I get a helicopter sound coming from the stove besides this it works flawless..... Way better than it ever has burned do to the modification to the burn pot.... I'm guessing it would be something with the oak maybe I'm getting to much air in now and need to block off some air coming in??

Block off the OAK? I would think something is pinched or already blocked in the OAK. Mouse nest?
or
Miniture drone from Homeland Security?:p

Block off the OAK? I would think something is pinched or already blocked in the OAK. Mouse nest?
or
Miniture drone from Homeland Security?:p

Should have mentioned that earlier I took the oak off when cleaning and could see right thru it no obstructions and its straight run thru the wall

Should have mentioned that earlier I took the oak off when cleaning and could see right thru it no obstructions and its straight run thru the wall

Any change in fuel? I went through some really hard pellets last year and the auger would ride up the pellet until it broke. That action made a repetitive clunking noise. Got ride of the pellets and the noise went away. The horses didn't complain about the pellets being too hard.

Any change in fuel? I went through some really hard pellets last year and the auger would ride up the pellet until it broke. That action made a repetitive clunking noise. Got ride of the pellets and the noise went away. The horses didn't complain about the pellets being too hard.

No using the same pellets burning softies...maybe I'll pull the augers apart again and look having no issues with the operation and all and I don't get the sound all the time seems like when we get some wind which is why I was leaning toward the oak

Harman owners have had this issue for some time. I used to be able to force the basement dweller to do it but I changed the fresh air system and it has not happened for a long time.
I likened it to a V1 buzz bomb from WW2 and really that's what is happening IMO. Can even see the pulsing of the flame.

Harman owners have had this issue for some time. I used to be able to force the basement dweller to do it but I changed the fresh air system and it has not happened for a long time.
I likened it to a V1 buzz bomb from WW2 and really that's what is happening IMO. Can even see the pulsing of the flame.

Yes I can see the flame pulsing when it does it

What was the burn pot modification?

What was the burn pot modification?

I closed off all of the holes to the rear of the burn pot and filled it in with welds and boxed off the front forcing air up under the pellets and it burns clean and amazing now.....use to load up with ash and burn lazy but a few people on here have modified them and it does wonders...... The stove honestly never ever ran this good not even when it was new...... I can go a whole week without cleaning it now and I use to have to do it everyday

Mine does it burning on 1 or 2. Anything above 3 never does it. Only for 5 seconds, then stops. Im sure its a draft thing. Im not concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.