Englander 25-PDVP intake pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told the PVC I made my OAK from was inappropriate, being PVC and not metal. Annother assumption on my part ... high efficiency stoves use it for their intake ... but they are different animals.

My air inlet had a 2" rubber type elbow on it., so a 2" PVC connected right up.

My question is .... is the 90 degree rubber elbow, with screw hose clamps, original equipment? Or did (one of ) the previous owner add it? It sure did make that 90degree bend easy! It'll be a tight fit to get a 2" 90deg elbow in there. Standard part from the auto shop was too tall. So, may need to go to the muffler shop and have one bent, as others have done.

Just wonder'n on the rubber part. Practice save burn'n, I always say!

OAK doesn't need to be rigid metal pipe - just metal pipe. Mine has a metal flex pipe... but you could also go the muffler shop route

Status
Not open for further replies.