Englander 25-PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jdowns

Jan 4, 2020
New Hampshire
Hi all, I’m having issues with a brand new stove. Seems to be the top auger is not feeding fast enough to keep up with the bottom. It slightly moves every 12 seconds or so. The fire about goes out before more pellets get to it. I had the older version and never had this issue. I’ve messed with 2/3 bottom buttons settings to no avail. I was also able to change the blower speed Lower than the heat setting but can’t seem to do it with this one. It blows cold air out and I can hold on to the vent pipe. Pic is much of a fire that happens

Attachments

• Englander 25-PDVC
    65AC4B96-D829-49F3-8199-3EAEC4F19A6D.jpeg
    66.8 KB · Views: 109
I’m not the expert here but the top auger doesn’t rotate constantly. It only moves every 12 seconds or so like you’ve described.

What do you have your settings on? When you turn up the feed rate does it feed more pellets to the burn pot?

I’m not the expert here but the top auger doesn’t rotate constantly. It only moves every 12 seconds or so like you’ve described.

What do you have your settings on? When you turn up the feed rate does it feed more pellets to the burn pot?

I put the 3 lower settings back to factory, 6/4/1. Even if I turn the heat/blower all the way up to 9 it does the same thing just blows cold air out faster. I took the restrictive plate in the hopper out too to see if that made a difference, it did not

Welcome to the forums Jdown do you know what mode the stove is in? Factory setting for the pdvc is D. You can find out by unplugging the stove and plug back in, you must press and relase the blower speed up and down buttons within 3 seconds of plugging the unit in , if the plug is on the other side of the stove get help. Let us know how you make out.

I have had some local friends with brand new pdvc stoves doing the same thing. Turned out to be the hopper gate was closed to far from the the factory and they were using big box store pellets that the pellets could not feed fast enough to provide enough fuel for enough heat. Simple fix. Open the gate. Worth a try

I have had some local friends with brand new pdvc stoves doing the same thing. Turned out to be the hopper gate was closed to far from the the factory and they were using big box store pellets that the pellets could not feed fast enough to provide enough fuel for enough heat. Simple fix. Open the gate. Worth a try

Thanks Rick, I have removed the gate entirely thinking the same and it didn’t seem to change at all

Welcome to the forums Jdown do you know what mode the stove is in? Factory setting for the pdvc is D. You can find out by unplugging the stove and plug back in, you must press and relase the blower speed up and down buttons within 3 seconds of plugging the unit in , if the plug is on the other side of the stove get help. Let us know how you make out.
When I plug it in, the number on the heat range is 8 and then it shows where I left it 3/3 nothing happens when I push the blower up and down buttons

You did some thing wrong. If I remember correctly. Shut the stove down. Unplug it . Plug it back in . But do not push the on button. And within 3 seconds press and hold the blower speed up and down buttons and the same time for a second or two and release. There should be a letter showing in the blower indicator widow. Yours should be D. If not adjust with the up and find speed buttons