Englander 25-pdv, pdvc hopper throat size?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

ridgeracing

Dec 6, 2017
PA
I would like to keep my heat control at 4 and blower on 6, looking at closing throat in hopper down just a little to slow my feed rate. I am trying to keep #s at a higher rate for both blowers to operate at a higher rate without feeding pellets as fast. My adjuster plate (stock) was completey open and I closed it by an 1/8th of an inch. I was still running stove and did not get an accurate measurement but guessing it is open now about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 now. On settings 4/6 I have been getting around 14hrs to a bag and a pile of coals after 12hr burn. After making adjustments and filling hopper i will see tonight! Anyone have any reccomended opening measurements?

I am guessing not to close it below 1 1/4 as to not cause a pellet jam, looking for any suggestions or experience. Thx

Make yor adjustments to maximize heat and consumption with the fuel at hand. Everybodys stove is a lil differant. Mine is half closed and that depends on what pellets i have in it. What is it you trying to do

What is the width of your opening in your usual closed position. Sorry if my posting is vague, just seems like it feeds to much pellets at a time

1 5/16”

If you want fewer pellets fed without adjusting the heat setting, close the opening some more.

Pellet size varies by brand, so there is no magic setting.

I removed the plate in the hopper. I adjust the heat up if I want more heat and down if I want less. I will put the plate back in during the shoulder seasons to help regulate the feed rate. But during the winter I take it out.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

yep sounds about right. I just fired mine up in my office, set on 2 / 4 bottom 3 on 2 2 1 full hopper will give me 24 hours if i could take the heat.lol