Englander 10cpm settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chris M

Oct 19, 2019
Bristol,Ct
Good morning all. I am new to the Englander 10cpm stove so as u can can see Im looking for guidence. I had a 23yr old enviro dial a fire prior to this stobe which was given to me. It is a 2014 model and was well maintaned. I am burning green supreme pellets which the previous owner also burned. I have the fresh air intake for this stove hooked in which I did not have for my enviro. My exaust goes out the wall and has a 6 ft rise. The pellet stove was cleaned prior to hook up outside using a blower. The exaust and convection motors were both changed just because I wanted no issues. They are known to go bad after 4 or 5 yrs. Upper auger motor also changed.
So all that being said here are my questions. My sub settings are currently 4-5-1. My heat settings are at 3 and blower at 7. With a infraed thermometor the heat coming out is only at about 175. The top of the stove is not hot to the point I can put my hand on it without worry. I dont want to "eat " up pellets but Im trying to get the optimum settings. It is in my living room of my raised ranch facing down the hallway. Its about 30 outside and thermostat in hallway reads 67. Bedrooms are cooler by about 4 degrees. Can someone make some suggestions i can try. My enviro at a quarter dial low setting was hot as heck. I know this sto e is capeable of heating but I need to find what right. Thank you so much

This will help your stove have a more efficient burn and help with heat output.

Well the first thing i would do is shut the stove down pull the scraper plate out and plug the 2 holes under the plate, on each side. and then modify the plate to the pictures. empty the hopper then take some aluminum ducting tape and temporarily cover the opening to the auger to half, use a couple layers so the weight of the pellets doesn't tear it 5lbs to test is good. if this helps you can make a gate out of tin. turn the stove on heat setting 1 fan 3. bottom 3 on 1.4.1 and let us know how that works.

View attachment 250820View attachment 250822

I do really apreciate the responce. Thank you.
I would think that I need to get the settings right before doing modifications to which I would do as a last resort.
It is currently 19 degrees outside and it is 65 degrees 20 ft from the stove. My current settings are LFF 4, LBA 5 , AOT 1 for sub settings.
My regular settings are at heat range 5, blower 9. Air coming out of the stove is at 175.
This stove is rated at 2200 sg ft so it is more than enough for this house. This forum is a fountain of great information and I for one say thank you. I feel if I had a starting point I could go from there. Very frustrating to say the least. I just want the heat this thing is capeable of and try to avoid modifications. Im older and though i will try the plug the holes idea i dont knt what else to do. Again thank you so much

the reason we all recommend the mod is, Englader has a poor design for air flow through the scraper plate and the air that goes through those holes in the top sides just disperses particulates so it passes the EPA testing. if those holes in the plate are enlarged 1 drill size and the 2 below the plate are capped off. more air goes up through the plate into the fire zone around the mouth of the auger. resulting in more Oxygen and more velocity which in turn gives you a hotter fire. more complete burn of the fuel and helps keep the plate cleaner.

the lower 3 settings have no affect above heat setting 2. what is your exhaust vent configuration? pellets hardwood or softwood? size of pellets average length?

Im sorry i misunderstood your initial reply. I actualy had my son enlarge the holes for my Enviro for better air. Again my sincere apology.
I am burning Green supreme pellets and prior to putting them in I drop the bag on the garage floor a couple times to sort of break them up. I go out through the wall about 16 inches total and then the T cleanout and up the house about 6 ft. I actually just got done giving it a real good cleaning. Tomorrow will be warmer here in New England so I will shut it down again and do the hole trick you advised. At that point over the next day or 2, I will let you know how it goes. Again, sorry I misunderstood your reply and thank you so much for all the advise.

no problem we just want to get you running effectively ;) your vent sounds good. the pellets themselves can be an issue. englanders like small pellets, less jams and they feed moreat a time and more consistant. i dont have that brand here so i cant say one way or the other. see you after the next test

Chris,

I've been a 10-cpm owner for 9 years. Any issue I have had has been operator error. I keep my settings in the shoulder season at 1-5-3. I burn hardwood pellets. During the cold spells I change the settings to 3-4-1 and burn softwood pellets. The last number changes the stirrer cadence. The middle number is air. I find that all the settings work under all heat ranges, not just under 2. As far as any burn pot modifications, I have made none. The pics from the previous post do not look like they are from a cpm stove. Good luck.

Good am.. first off thank you all for the help. True to fact the photos do not look like my 10cpm. I did do adjustments to the setting as stated above. Sub settings are lff 2, lba,5, aot2. Seems to be ok but still not putting out the heat I would believe it should. At about 200 coming out of the heatalater area. Maybe thats just the dynamics and im over thinging it. I do have a good flame and the heat setting is at 3 so i may be at a starting point to tweek this up.. any further ideas and tweeks would be greatly received.. thank you again. This is a great forum for info

Thx for the pics...will change them in mine and see, since it is already running on 10 bucks DIY controller board replacement, it can only get better :)