England 25pdvc room blower speed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Wagon403

Nov 8, 2019
Nh
This is my 5th year with this stove, have it pretty well figured out except for room blower speed, i can feel/hear a difference between 1 2 3 but after that seemingly nothing happens. I figured it had to be a control board issue but replaced that last year and had no change, i guess blower is all it could be or am i just crazy? Which is certainly possible.

un plug the stove. unhook your blower and hook to lamp cord then plug into the outlet. if its blowing the same as before then the motor is working properly. if it blows more air, let it run for 10-15 min and see if it slows/stops. you might have a problem with the control board.

Let me state the obvious. When was the last time the blower squirrel cage was cleaned? These stoves motors are very sensitive to dust buildup on the cage . It doesn’t take much to slow them down.

That was a thought, i have blown it out with compressed air but never took it out of its housing. I'll give that a look next

It absolutely has to be removed to be cleaned. No other way. And it doesn’t take much dust to mess it up either