Ef3 dismantle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pigmom

Feb 7, 2018
Az
I’m sure this is here somewhere. Cleaning my stove. Ef3 the heat exchange tubes and the vent area on top need major cleaning. I’ve removed every tex bolt I can find, on the back in the front. How do u get the top off to clean tubes? I’ve been all over and can’t find detailed instructions please help

I have never had the top off . I just use compressed air to clean the
inside of the tubes . If your stove has a decorator panel with slits cut
in it . That panel preys out (slow and easy) the tray under it can be
vac and wiped down . also remove blower , clean and lub . If it is the
outside of the tubes use the rod ,a vac. and small brush . If you can
get it(the stove)outside use compressed air

Last edited:
Thanks. I have read the manual it doesn’t say anything about taking it apart. This stove is more then 20 yrs old. It has been the primary source for heat. The last 2 yrs we didn’t use it and all this time it has had very little maintenance. We clean the burn pot and area every few days and before use each yr we open up the sides vaccum, brush out the exhaust pipe. The electric ignition stopped working yrs ago. We use starter gel. I’m not even sure if the motor was lubed. From what I’ve been reading its been a very good stove. Time for a little tlc. I did consider a new one but I don’t think it’s needed. I replaced the exhaust motor I’m going to clean and lube the other. Run a jumper and see what’s up w/ the ignighter and repair it. Give the whole stove a very good cleaning. I’ll try and pry off the vent if not I’ll use the compressor. Am I missing anything?

This is year 16 for my stove . Had to do very few repairs
and love the dial a fire no boards to blow . If you keep it clean
It will keep you warm