Edwin A. Jackson Mayflower 3 1/2 stove:

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

sayheykid24

Jan 20, 2022
Portland, OR
Years ago I pulled an older cast iron stove out of my father in law's house when he moved. It is apparently an Edwin A. Jackson & Bro. Mayflower 3 1/2 model. I put it aside for a project which never got very far. I've been told by a local stove dealer that "he'd buy it but it's not efficient so he wouldn't pay much". This statement doesn't help me at all. I don't know what exactly he means by "not efficient" and have no idea what the value might be. Help please. I'd love to know more about my stove: it's potential utility; history and value.
thanks very much.
Bruce
Portland, OR

Edwin A. Jackson Mayflower 3 1/2 stove: Edwin A. Jackson Mayflower 3 1/2 stove: Edwin A. Jackson Mayflower 3 1/2 stove:

There seem to be values online. You need to sell this to the right antiques dealer, or consign to auction house. Not a stove shop. They'll turn around and sell it to an antiques dealer, auction, leaving you with a raw deal.

"Not efficient." That right there tells you his m.o. The value is not in its "efficiency."

"Not efficient." That right there tells you his m.o. The value is not in its "efficiency."
To a stove dealer it is. If they can't sell it to a customer it's worthless

Last edited:
This would have better odds on the east coast of course, maybe in south. Anyway good luck.

? A stove shop is the WRONG marketplace. Forget about them.
Agreed. Were you able to find info on this stove? The vast majority of these Franklin style stoves were made in the 1970s in large numbers and really have no value. Now this one is a bit more ornate than most of those. So it could be older and have some value. Some of the older ones still don't have much but a good antique dealer would be a better resource

I quickly looked up the name. This seems to be a 19th C period model. The quality etc from here 3000 miles away looks to be period.

Reactions: bholler
I quickly looked up the name. This seems to be a 19th C period model. The quality etc from here 3000 miles away looks to be period.
I didn't have time to look at all. If that is accurate which by the looks of it I don't doubt it could have some value in the right market. Most still aren't going to be all that high but it's certainly worth finding out.

I didn't have time to look at all. If that is accurate which by the looks of it I don't doubt it could have some value in the right market. Most still aren't going to be all that high but it's certainly worth finding out.
I think you are right. I just checked one auction listing and they aren't worth much at all. I thought these would have a higher decorative value in the right house. To the OP --- take what you can get!!:)