Earth View and Street Maps Ads - Avoid

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

peakbagger

Minister of Fire
Jul 11, 2008
Northern NH
Not sure how many folks are getting a big ad for Earth VIew and Street Maps but I would definitely suggest skipping it. I tried it and started getting lots of pop up web pages that had to be closed when browsing. I guess its probably conditioning for the new Google Chrome that gets rid of cookies but brings in new ads that cannot be blocked by pop up blockers ;)

I hate ads, plus they add to the cost of my net connection. the ad block people will figure out sooner than later. you can block google and use other search engines as well. the ads are insane eats up data alotment.

I hate ads, plus they add to the cost of my net connection. the ad block people will figure out sooner than later. you can block google and use other search engines as well. the ads are insane eats up data alotment.
Agreed. I've done everything I can to block or mute ads since the mid 1980s. We stopped watching commercial TV around 2000. The internet was ok until Google et al decided that their ideal model world was one where no matter where you went, personalized ads would pop-up in context. We parted company at that point.

heck they are not even personalized any more.