Earth stove tp40 low fuel feed adjustment?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JRD

Dec 1, 2019
Wyoming
Hello, I'm a newbie to the forum but been lurking for a few years.

I have been repairing old pellet stoves for a 3 years or so now and recently acquired a Earth Stove TP40.

It has been stored in a barn for years and needs a new window that I have ordered.

I have pulled the top off of it and cleaned the heat exchangers and baffle also give the burn pot a thorough cleaning inside and out.

I fired it up outside and let it run on high fuel for about a hour then set it to medium and ran it for about a hour. Seemed fine on high and medium but doesn't want to run on low.

On the low setting and convection blower off it will still loose enough heat that the snap disc will open and shut the stove down. I also tried adjusting the combustion fan draft plate and combustion fan speed settings on the control board. But no dice on low fuel setting

I did notice on the control panel in the circuits there are a couple trim pots wondering if anyone has experience with these old stoves? This controller is a OII 500s version

Thanks for any help