Dutchwest 2461 interam gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Codyaustin97

Jan 7, 2024
Virginia
I have my parents dutchwest 2461 and i believed I replaced all the gaskets in it. I replaced the interam,the doors,, and the top and the part going to chimney pipe. I ran the stove for a month or so and the catalytic combuster just wasn't doing what it was supposed to so I took it apart again. I realized I didn't replace the damper gasket and it was literal dust so now I replace that but the interam gasket was crumbled as well when I just replaced it. Did I put it on wrong or another reason it did this

No you didn't do it wrong, they expand when heating up and become really flakey, can't really reuse them after one burn - if you took the combustor out you have to replace the interam gasket again. There's also 2 little inner top web gaskets you'll likely have to replace they're like 2" long that seal the 2 little slots in that area. I'm putting my dutchwest together this weekend I'll take some pics if you're unfamiliar with what I'm talking about.

No you didn't do it wrong, they expand when heating up and become really flakey, can't really reuse them after one burn - if you took the combustor out you have to replace the interam gasket again. There's also 2 little inner top web gaskets you'll likely have to replace they're like 2" long that seal the 2 little slots in that area. I'm putting my dutchwest together this weekend I'll take some pics if you're unfamiliar with what I'm talking about.
If you would that'd be great thank you

If you would that'd be great thank you
Hey buddy, sorry it took me an extra weekend to get to it but attached are the pictures of the interam gaskets I was talking about. They fit in those 2 slots like in the pictures I circled them. The gasket around the cat is the same material but a different thickness. Any questions let me know.
IMG_20240301_203410_HDR~2.jpg
IMG_20240301_203433_HDR~2.jpg