Duravent Pellet Vent Pro Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

szumbrun

Hearth Supporter
Oct 25, 2010
Middletown, MD
Recently I installed one of two pellet stoves and opted for the pellet vent pro product. This has a 1" clearance to combustibles, and the wall thimble is much smaller, allowing for more flexibility with framing options. Pellet Vent Pro venting does not come as a kit. Each piece needs to be purchased individually.

Reactions: vinny11950
Isn't the only difference between the PV pro and standard PV just the silicone seal? Do I see two levels in those pics? Nice work!

Paint it the same color as the house and it'll disappear....

Good looking install. Congrats.

Nice job. Looks like mine except I have a rectangular outlet hood, which I can never really get clean. Your round one should be much easier.

Isn't the only difference between the PV pro and standard PV just the silicone seal? Do I see two levels in those pics? Nice work!
I think there is also a difference in the type of weld between inside and outside pipe. I'm not sue. The main point for me was the reduced clearances and smaller wall thimble.

I think there is also a difference in the type of weld between inside and outside pipe. I'm not sue. The main point for me was the reduced clearances and smaller wall thimble.
Actually, here are the differences:

Pellet vent --
Materials and Construction

PelletVent for Multi-Fuel is a double-wall pipe with an inner wall of .012” super- ferritic stainless steel and a .018” laser- welded galvalume outer wall.

Pellet vent pro--
Materials and Construction

Laser-welded, double-wall pipe with a .012” inner wall of 444 stainless steel and a .018” laser-welded galvalume outer wall. Painted black exterior available. Primary metal-to-metal connection seals joint. Encapsulated o-ring provides a secondary seal.