DuraVent DVL Stove Pipe Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MacinJosh

Feeling the Heat
Mar 4, 2015
Crestwood, KY
Hey guys, need some help installing my stove pipe. I have a BK king (8”) and the DVL stove adapter does not appear to fit snug on the stove collar. I don’t want to force it too hard down and damage the adapter but surely it doesn’t just sit freely on the collar.

What am I doing wrong? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I had to notch a 1 inch piece on the stove pipe adapter to fit on my Lopi Evergreen. Looks like you may just need to bend the crimped section a little to clear that inner ring on your stove

That’s how their adaptors are. I’m not a fan of most stove top adaptors.

Did you try fitting the stovepipe without the adapter?

Reactions: moresnow
So should I be shoving that adapter down all the way until it is flush with the top of the stove??? I’m afraid of damaging it. Or is the double wall designed to allow air to enter there?

I have to tried just setting the pipe right on the collar. I thought the adapter was supposed to make this easy. [emoji36]

I can certainly hammer the adapter down if that’s what y’all say I should do. Just not sure if that adapter is supposed to be flush with the top of the stove. If so, air won’t be circulating in between the air gap of the DVL pipe. Maybe that ok. I have no idea. Help! :)

If you look at my last picture, that little metal lip right above the crimped section is what is stopping the adapter on the collar.

Well, I can’t say it was easy, but I finally managed to get the stove pipe installed with the offset I needed. I like the corner look so I really wanted to try to get that offset. I ended up using two adjustable 90’s. Draft is great. Again, wasn’t easy as many angles came into play, but I’m very happy with the result. Fired her up last night and enjoyed some toasty warmth. [emoji41]