Duravent 3 wall through wall system questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kubic40

Jan 20, 2019
Ohio
Hello all, installing a wood furnance in my shop and have a issue.

So I have the duravent 3 wall though wall kit and all the 3 wall piping to run it properly at hight required HOWEVER here is my dilema.

My shop is single sheet wood siding and framing only so it's only about 1/2 thick.... have gutters on my side I'm installing and I need to miss them to install.

Do they sell 45 degree elbows that work with the twist lock duravent 3 wall piping? I can't find a answer anywhere. Attached is a picture if the piping I have.

Or

Would I have better luck to just frame the through wall thimble on the outside if the garage with treated lumber and make extenders for the piping brackets to attach to when pipes ran?

My insurance agent won't allow me to add my shop to the home policy without being up to code.

Any help would be great everyone.

Attachments

• 4185393_012611l_shub_x700.jpg
    4185393_012611l_shub_x700.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 104
Looks like 15 and 20 degree offsets are available.

Reason to not just take it straight up and through though? I prefer to go through the roof since my experience says it need to extend above the peak anyways.

Looks like 15 and 20 degree offsets are available.

Reason to not just take it straight up and through though? I prefer to go through the roof since my experience says it need to extend above the peak anyways.

Garage is older, and roof plywood isn't the strongest anymore sadly. Plus location on where the stove has to sit the way the shops setup, makes a straight up hard due to spacing with storage up top.

i ran my duravent on the gable end (no gutters) but I did have a 6 inch overhang do deal with. we just hacked a hole in in for the chimney pipe then flashed the overhang where it was cut away. and yes they do make a variety of elbows and whatnot to go around stuff like that but they are expensive! not to mention a place for creosote to gather?

Reactions: Medic21