Duratech Chimney set on top of Duraplus Transition Anchor Plate?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bkoltai9

Nov 23, 2014
Oxford, MS
Hi everyone,

I started on a project a few years ago, but never got around to buying all the parts and completing it. You guys provided me with some great recommendations to help me figure out how to proceed.

At the time I purchased a transition anchor plate 6DP-AP17x21, and it's been sitting in my attic for five years. Amidst some other renovation projects, I have decided to pick up where I left off and complete this installation. I'm about to install the transition anchor plate and rigid chimney liner and I realized the transition anchor plate is for a Duraplus triple wall chimney, where I had intended to install Duratech double wall chimney. Apparently the correct part is 6DT-AP17x21.

They look pretty much the exact same to me in all the pictures, despite the Duratech version usually being sold for an extra $100. There's not much to it, just a slab of steel and some brackets, and the only possible difference seems to be if the two chimneys have different outer wall diameter.

Does anyone know if these are actually just the same part or are interchangeable? I wrote to the company customer service and haven't heard back from them yet, and I thought maybe someone here has come upon a similar situation or has seen both chimneys side by side and knows if they should be interchangeable. If you google search either part number, they both appear identical across the internet, and it would be nice to use the one I already have with the chimney I want.

Thanks again for your help!

Hi everyone,

I started on a project a few years ago, but never got around to buying all the parts and completing it. You guys provided me with some great recommendations to help me figure out how to proceed.

At the time I purchased a transition anchor plate 6DP-AP17x21, and it's been sitting in my attic for five years. Amidst some other renovation projects, I have decided to pick up where I left off and complete this installation. I'm about to install the transition anchor plate and rigid chimney liner and I realized the transition anchor plate is for a Duraplus triple wall chimney, where I had intended to install Duratech double wall chimney. Apparently the correct part is 6DT-AP17x21.

They look pretty much the exact same to me in all the pictures, despite the Duratech version usually being sold for an extra $100. There's not much to it, just a slab of steel and some brackets, and the only possible difference seems to be if the two chimneys have different outer wall diameter.

Does anyone know if these are actually just the same part or are interchangeable? I wrote to the company customer service and haven't heard back from them yet, and I thought maybe someone here has come upon a similar situation or has seen both chimneys side by side and knows if they should be interchangeable. If you google search either part number, they both appear identical across the internet, and it would be nice to use the one I already have with the chimney I want.

Thanks again for your help!
They will not be interchangeable