Drolet Heat Commander Problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

MountainNE44

Oct 18, 2024
Washington
Recently installed our Heat Commander and duct work and fired it up. Worked perfectly the first night, but we just did a fairly small fire to break it in. The next morning, I went to start a new fire (old one was completely dead out) and I see I've got the blinking fast light flashing. I thought maybe it was a draft issue, since it was clearly not over firing, and sure enough I started a fire and it stopped the fast blinking and worked perfectly again. Now tonight I tried lighting a new fire and the fast light is blinking and won't stop. It keeps closing the damper all the way so it won't get any air. I've unplugged it multiple times and it just clicks and then blinks fast. Called Drolet and they said it was probably wired wrong from the manufacturer, but checked that and everything looks as it should according to the manual. Any ideas?