Drolet Eco-45 problems

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie0664

Jan 1, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
last night my smoke detector went off (2:00 am), I could smell something but there was no smoke
in the house. I went down to check the stove and everything looked fine so I went back to bed, about
10 minutes later the wife come in and said the stove wasn't running, so I went back down to check it
out and it was shutdown. I looked around and come to find out there was no lights on, almost like it had no power, I check the plugin to make sure I had power and I did so I have no idea what happen.

I got up this morning and went back down to have a better look at it and I can't find anything wrong
with it other then it has no power, I don't see any wires that are burnt, everything looks fine.

Anyone have any idea what the problem might be? I'm thinking the control board must of went, I'll have
to take it apart today and see if I can see anything wrong in there.

Found the problem, the fuse on the control board was blown. I'm up and running again but I'm kind
of nervous about why the fuse blew, I'll keep a close eye on it for the day.

Sometimes a fuse will blown just from fatigue (age and use).

Status
Not open for further replies.