Drolet ECO 45 (H1 Code)?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie0664

Jan 1, 2014
New Brunswick, Canada
I have been getting the H1 code a lot lately and I don't know why. I keep my stove good
and clean so I don't understand what is going on.
I've read a lot about people getting the H1 code on this site but I don't see anywhere
why they are getting it. In the manual under the H1 code it saying the auger shaft is getting
to hot, I'm wondering why, I've never had this problem before (my stove is 3 years old).

Like I said, I keep my stove clean so I don't know why I've been getting
this H1 code a lot lately. Does anyone know why everyone has been getting
the H1 code and how to fix the problem, if I knew what the problem was I
would fix it.

Thanks

When was the last time that all the exhaust vent was cleaned ?

When was the last time the heat exchanger was cleaned out and checked ?

When was the last time the auger shaft and motor got pulled out and checked ?

When was the last time all the heat sensors got checked and cleaned ?

When was the last time the auger shaft and motor got pulled out and checked ?

When was the last time all the heat sensors got checked and cleaned ?

Those have never been done. Do you think I should bring in a Guy that works on them and give it the once over?

I give it a good cleaning once a week (around 10 bags), once a month I give it a real good cleaning, I
take the metal plates out and I do the whole exhaust system.

I think I will bring someone in and check it out and make sure I am doing things right (cleaning).

It was a cleaning problem and the stove was getting to hot. It seems I didn't clean the heat exchanger good enough.

I personally hook up my leaf blower up to my exhaust pipe and turn it
on, then I take my shopvac and put the pipe on the back where the air blows out
and stick it up in where the heat tubs are on in the stove (on the left side) and blow it all
out and the leaf blower sucks it out.

It seem to work great for me, I took the steal plate off the corner when I was done
and stuck my fingers up their and I didn't feel any ass at all.

P.S
I do this about once a month.

I have a piece of coat hanger, with a bend on the end. I use this to slide up and turn so I can slide it back and forth to loosen up and buildup. I also have shopvac adapters for small spaces, so I put one of those on. It doesn't get all the way up there, but it does concentrate the suction to that area. Works great. I also use the adapter with the brush end on it when I am cleaning the exhaust fan fins. Fits in that tight area really well, and gets everything off. I can't remember when/where hubby picked up that set, but it stays in the little toolbox we keep beside the stove with various scrapers, wire brushes, and other stove specific tools we have.

Thx. I'll see what I can gather up before I go to the camp this weekend. Looking forward to solving this h1 problem

What, the horror of it all, how can that be, you mean a good cleaning is all that may be needed?

It seem to work great for me, I took the steal plate off the corner when I was done
and stuck my fingers up their and I didn't feel any ass at all.

:cool:

The horror is that I can't get rid of the h1 It won't reset. I'm pretty sure I'll get it this time with all of the info from here and drolet tech I'm lookin forward to this weekend to work on it. Not lookin forward to the hangover Thursday

You may need to do a hard reset, but if you are already working with tech support, you should be in good hands. They are pretty awesome to work with!

You may need to do a hard reset, but if you are already working with tech support, you should be in good hands. They are pretty awesome to work with!
Did the hard reset. Didn't work. I figure it's the sensor above the auger. The other sensor seemed to work. Didn't know I had 2 sensors for the auger. Some do some don't.

I also have that too.its fine. ure stove also has a automatic thermodisk under the auger and maybe depending how old your stove is ontop of the auger..

I hope you get it all figured out. We were dealing with Ron at SBI tech support for our control board replacement, and he was pretty fantastic to work with. Ours is an older stove (2007), but with the new board its running like a dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.