Douglas firs during the vortex here.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Tonyray

Minister of Fire
be burning some Northern warmth premium firs next couple nights just to compare to my EZBlaze super softies.
I seriously don't exspect the firs to be really hotter than what the blaze are..6" from the distribution vents is as close as i can hold my hand without getting scalded.. I think any hotter would be barely measurable...
lower to zilch ash is what i truly exspect from the firs.

Burning some Northern Warmth Supreme doug fir. I find they put out a little more heat and hardly any ash compared to the Vermonts I also burn.

Sam

Reactions: Tonyray
be burning some Northern warmth premium firs next couple nights just to compare to my EZBlaze super softies.
I seriously don't exspect the firs to be really hotter than what the blaze are..6" from the distribution vents is as close as i can hold my hand without getting scalded.. I think any hotter would be barely measurable...
lower to zilch ash is what i truly exspect from the firs.

Have you ever tried AWF ultra premium white pine? Virtually no ash and hotter that the Blazers.

Blazers don,t exist anymore pretty sure
I picked up the last ton of Blazers available this fall. Also burned the easyblaze, not bad the AWFs were better

I picked up the last ton of Blazers available this fall. Also burned the easyblaze, not bad the AWFs were better
EasyBlaze super premiums are lot less ash than reg easyblaze.
anyways, the douglas firs did not seem to be any hotter than the EazyBlaze...
both we're scorching hot at the dist blower vent.

EasyBlaze super premiums are lot less ash than reg easyblaze.
anyways, the douglas firs did not seem to be any hotter than the EazyBlaze...
both we're scorching hot at the dist blower vent.
Tony, how much did you pay for the Easy blaze super premiums? Our local guy 45 miles from me sells them for $335.00 a ton.

Tony, how much did you pay for the Easy blaze super premiums? Our local guy 45 miles from me sells them for $335.00 a ton.
259.00.. my dealer has an early spring buy every April...in full blown winter like now, they are 299.00......

Damn.. didn't realize I'll be buying my next winter stash in couple months.

I bought the expensive (and in Long Island even more expensive) Northern Warmth Supreme Doug Fir this year for the first time, I have liked Okenagen Premium before, and I find the Northern Warmth the hottest and cleanest pellet I have ever used. Then I had a problem with my auger, turned out I needed a new motor, but during the period of investigation I tried a different pellet. Green Supremes, the only pellet close by from Lowes. I know different pellets work well for different stoves but I was so surprised by the OK heat the GS put out but man are they dirty. I would really appreciate some suggestions for good American soft wood heat that is not so expensive.