Douglas Fir vs. Pine

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fensty245

Feb 22, 2019
Barto, Pa
Hey everyone, new to the forums and also pellet stoves. Recently had a Harman Allure 50 installed and I'm trying to decide what pellets I want to pre-order for next year. I was reading that douglas fir seem to be very well liked but seem to be harder to find in PA. The douglas fir seem to be just under 400/ton right now where I can find them and EZblaze or american super premium are 255/ton. So I was just curious if the fir is noticeably better to where its worth the 150/ton more. Thanks for your help everyone!

I have used DF pellets as well as the EZBlaze and American Wood Fiber White Pines.

I would go with the EZBlaze or AWF White Pines and same yourself $$$
With A Harman you will not notice much of a difference between the DF's and Pines.

BTW, I'm near Quakertown, where are you seeing the EZBlaze for sale@$255?

Reactions: Pete Zahria