Do you think we'll have a midwinter similar to last year?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
We have just as good a chance of it being similar as we do to it being different.

No.

Reactions: Itslay90
I believe (but may be wrong?) that the la nina versus el nino will be different this winter?
That would suggest the chances of having a different winter will be higher than the chances of having the same...

me too!!

Reactions: Itslay90
It'll be interesting to see. We are near peak of the 11 year solar cycle. If the high sun activity has an influence we very well be mild again this year.

Reactions: Pinesmoke
There sure has been a lot of gnashing teeth over .1/.2C temp rises across recent history it seems.

Honestly I didn't realize Sol had such a small effect on the min and maxs. I thought it was a bit more than that.

I hope we get something different, we could really use some moisture this year, and I wouldn't mind a month of -40 to push the moderate temperature loving creatures back south.

Reactions: johneh
I hope we get something different, we could really use some moisture this year, and I wouldn't mind a month of -40 to push the moderate temperature loving creatures back south.
The two legged ones or the 4 legged ones?