Do I need to use vacuum hose from englander

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

roweman88

Jan 21, 2016
east concord ny
My englander 25 pdc runs for 30 minutes and then stops feeding pellets. It cools down and starts feeding pellets again a lot of pellets that do not refire. Motors work fine.....in c mode... ..I placed a 1/4 fuel line to vacuum switch to get me through but still does the same thing... waiting on hose from englander...any help would be great...can I bypass vacuum switch to get by until delivery...it's the switch on the right side above the out pipe.

My englander 25 pdc runs for 30 minutes and then stops feeding pellets. It cools down and starts feeding pellets again a lot of pellets that do not refire. Motors work fine.....in c mode... ..I placed a 1/4 fuel line to vacuum switch to get me through but still does the same thing... waiting on hose from englander...any help would be great...can I bypass vacuum switch to get by until delivery...it's the switch on the right side above the out pipe.

If its still doing it with the temporary hose then you have other problems. Bad switch? Plugged hole in the firebox?

Where the other end of the hose connects to the stove. That hole needs to be clean of ash. And the switch is what is connected to the other end of the hose
Should be 2 of those vacuum switches i think?

I took off the tube yesterday and cleaned it out with a pipe cleaner. If it is a vacuum switch can I bypass until I can get a new one.

Have you done any reading on the forum at all? You can bypass the switches for diagnosing problems yes. But before buying parts you may not need you should first clean the ports that the hoses connect to and replace the hoses since you have them coming anyways. And then bypass the switches to determine if its actually one of the switches or not.

And along with those mixed responses it is usually stated that bypassing is for diagnosing a problem. The switches are there for safety reasons.
But simply bypassing the switch and buying a new one will get you nowhere if its simply a matter of plugged with ash.

The Englander vacuum hose is a special thick wall high temperature silicone good for 600 Deg F. Other stoves use a thinner wall high temp Silicone hose so the Englander hose is recommended!

Reactions: Cedarjunki
Trace the hoses back where they connect to the stove. Make certain the holes are open and you are able to blow thru the nipples. 99.9% of the time on here it is usually just a buildup plugging the them.
The first step to diagnosing the vacuum problem is to make sure the ports, hoses and switches are clean. Next would be checking the gaskets.

Status
Not open for further replies.