Dirty liner?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

BigJ273

Minister of Fire
Feb 15, 2015
Maryland
How’s this look? I swept it at the end of last season, but this is the bottom near the stove where I had a hard time reaching due to a bend. Sooteater is on the way! Just checking opinions to see if this is bad or not.

Attachments

• Dirty liner?
    24D86FE0-9593-46B1-8A61-A13C6E725E80.jpeg
    49.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Dirty liner?
    43FF750D-FD2C-4B32-B8C8-C977CE592A60.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 107
Not bad, but it's the other end you need to be sure is clean. That's where most of the accumulation will be.

Top is squeaky clean. Silver. I imaging the bottom is so black because that’s where it all falls during cleaning. Hopefully the sooteater will knock it all off.

That wouldn't worry me a bit. I like to run a brush up the flue as one time I cleaned and had stunned yellow jackets fall out of the flue. I don't want them to plug the flue or their nest to catch on fire up there should a spark travel.