Difference between P61 and P61A

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
That’s pretty much it....burn pot, cradle and igniter....I’m not 100% on the board...could be different because of the lack of igniter

The wiring Harness does not have 2 wires for the igniter and the burn pot will not hold the igniter cradle. Also the control panel and circuit board does not have the manual/auto toggle switch for the igniter.
:)
P.S. The auto light P61A does not have the micro switch next to the auger motor in back. :)

Reactions: Washed-Up
I just converted a later model manual light P61 to automatic light. Only took an igniter, igniter cradle, and control board. I did replace the control board panel so the toggle switch had manual and auto modes visible, but that wasn't mandatory for it to work.

Stove already had igniter wires and correct burn pot luckily.

Reactions: Washed-Up
I've been offered at a P61 with one season of operation at a good price. Don't mind the lack of self starting. Just wanted to know what I might be getting into.
If it's a good price, jump on it. burn it manual this year & gather your pieces for conversion in the spring/summer, really easy.

The P61 will mate right up to you existing P43 Pipe. Unbolt tale piece from 43 and take 61 tail piece off and you dont have to break any seals on venting. You will be able to get good money out of the 43 also. Probably can upgrade for about a wash.

They both have the same tail piece in the same spot