Did some maintenance this weekend

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

Woodsplitter67

Minister of Fire
Jan 19, 2017
Woolwich nj
Worked on my equipment this weekend. The splitters got the oil changed and the filters cleaned. I did the carburetor bowls and added the tru fuel.

I sharpened 7 loops.

Serviced the saws. My sons 435 is taking a beating. Hes working this thing like a rented mule. I bought it for him when he was 13.. now that hes 16 and getting to be man size hes working the sae hard. I let him use my pro saw.. 550xp a several times while I was using the 562xp for some larger stuff. The saws got cleaned up, plugs, filters and fresh chain.

The equipment will probably sit for another 4 months but when its tome to go its all ready

[Hearth.com] Did some maintenance this weekend

Any of you guys doing any maintenance yet.. did you already do it or are you waiting..
I won't be processing much more until it really cools down. Likely just some chain sharpening and grinding some small nicks out of my splitting axes. 4 Wheeler is due for some fluid changes. I don't have nearly as much gear as you so its less to maintain but more work to process.

I won't be processing much more until it really cools down. Likely just some chain sharpening and grinding some small nicks out of my splitting axes. 4 Wheeler is due for some fluid changes. I don't have nearly as much gear as you so its less to maintain but more work to process.

Sometimes I feel guilty, I should be servicing sooner. I stopped processing at the end of march The splitters sat for a number of months until I got to picking away at the maintenance.

Reactions: Wisco Shepherd
Sometimes I feel guilty, I should be servicing sooner. I stopped processing at the end of march The splitters sat for a number of months until I got to picking away at the maintenance.
We farm, work full time, train dogs, travel a bit. Stuff gets put on the backburner sometimes and I am learning to not let it get to me too bad.

I have sharpened the chains and cleaned the air filter on the gas saw but that's about it.
I'll only be using it again in February or so when I have space to fill in my shed.

The yard stuff (mower, weedwhacker, blower) will get cleaned (air filter and general for all), and its oil changed (mower) after the leaves are done in fall.

I have all kinds of time the spitter is all ready to go oil changed greased cover back on just waiting
the young lad's saws are cleaned and oiled the chains and extras are sharp
Even the plow truck is ready oil change 2 new hydro lines and the oil topped off
the battery on the maintainer and all lights, breaks, heater, wipers and washer work
I know only the first of September but I am ready for whatever comes. Just my first
pallet of pellets due tomorrow to put on the enclosed back porch. Life is good when you are retired