DF in greater Portland ME area

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank White

Oct 8, 2013
I've burned a lot of premium softwood the last 2 seasons and am happy with the proformance but would like to try DF.

Does anyone have any DF available in southern ME this year?

Any info would be great.

If you can find Blazers at a HD, buy as much as you can. They are Douglas Fir. My local HD (Auburn ) has had them available for about a month now, but all good things must come to an end.

I've burned a lot of premium softwood the last 2 seasons and am happy with the proformance but would like to try DF.

Any info would be great.
Call the HDs around. I just got my 5 tons of Blazers delivered free from HD-Augusta 2 days ago. You can't beat $239 a ton with free delivery for DF pellets.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2in0zk5of5bnrhi/2014-11-09 15.29.36.jpg?dl=0

Okay that shows 3 tons of Blazers and 2 tons of FSUs, as the delivery guy didn't realize there were different pellets on his flatbed. Being the last delivery of the day, he had already offloaded 2 tons of my Blazers to some lady in Gardiner!?! While annoyed, I still have to give them credit. It was Friday nite, after 6pm, drizzling, dark, and the driver had to use his forklift to drive each pallet ¼ mile down my dirt road in the dark. So, while annoyed, I am pretty happy to have 3 tons of DF pellets from Oregon for only $239!!!

Last edited:

Any info would be great.
Forgot to mention, Maine Pellet Sales in Lisbon Falls sells Okanagon DF for $365 a ton, as well as other Okanagon and other premium brands.

Status
Not open for further replies.