Desperatly need help !! Getting cold !!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eghirarduzzi

Oct 19, 2016
glens falls ny
Good morning. To the best of my knowledge from what I can tell from my plate, I have a Riteway Classic 1500 wood stove, see attached. I know you said no pics but in this situation I don't know what else to do. I am looking for a handle assembly and door gasket for my
it. Problem is I believe Riteway is out of
business and I can't find any information to order a handle or gasket. More concerned with the handle as mine broke and it's going to be cold soon and I am going to need it ! Attached are pictures of the plate any help would be
appreciated, don't want to randomly order the incorrect parts.

Thank you in advance for your time
Regards
Erik

Attachments

• Desperatly need help !!  Getting cold !!!
    20161019_074259[1].jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 134
    20161018_080330[1].jpg
    109.1 KB · Views: 113
If you select 'Riteway' and '2000' they say parts are not available, but call and they may be able to suggest alternatives. As far as gaskets, they have an extensive selection of bulk gasket...ask them about those as well. Try to determine what size the gasket is, e.g. 3/8", 1/2" etc.
You might just need to spring for a new stove. There are some value tube stoves that you could get for under $1000.

If you select 'Riteway' and '2000' they say parts are not available, but call and they may be able to suggest alternatives. As far as gaskets, they have an extensive selection of bulk gasket...ask them about those as well. Try to determine what size the gasket is, e.g. 3/8", 1/2" etc.
You might just need to spring for a new stove. There are some value tube stoves that you could get for under $1000.

Does the 2000 use basically the same parts as the 1500 that I think I have ?

Does the 2000 use basically the same parts as the 1500 that I think I have ?
I don't know, but they have an exploded view of the 2000, so maybe you can determine how close it is to your stove.

Not the best pic but this is what the stove looks like. Came with the house and we use it to just heat our bedroom which is an addition. My heat choices are wood or electric ! This is why I need to find this handle asap !

Attachments

20161019_160409.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 109
Have a friend with a Warnock Hersey stove that says on the plate England stove works. Not saying that's what it is but the spring handles seem to be generic and a gasket can be had at Ace or other stores. Measure the door to get the right width and length; you'll have to trim it anyway and wood or something else suitable for a handle. I have a broken chunk of shovel handle on mine almost like the original, it's just a handle. The gasket is more of a deal to get right and it's not that difficult.

Note that woodstoves in a bedroom are taboo in most jurisdictions.

Just take the whole door off and bring it to the stove shop. They should have a handle that would fit and they could then match up the proper size gasket while it's there as well. Most stoves use rope gaskets which are made in different widths but are pretty universal.

Status
Not open for further replies.