Crazy but is it a Cool AES Maintenance kit for Magnum Country Flame? (Ash Cleanout) Has anyone seen

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

Just came across this! Reminds me of the Leaf Blower trick for the venting!! I heard this kit sells for $190.00 !!
http://www.americanenergysystems.co...t-0066techbmf3645maintenancekitfurnacecs1.pdf

I bet anyone could make one for their stove!! Using wood would be easier to fabricate!!
Then hookup a shop vac and a compressor and all clean!! NO MESS NO FUSS!!!

This really seems kinda cool if it works?? Any comments?

AES Technical Bulletin
MF3645 Maintenance Kit
Product models covered: Countryside 3500 Series, MagnuM 6500/7500 Furnaces
Topic: This technical bulletin will be addressing the MF3645 Maintenance Kit, cleanout door, how
to install the door and how to clean the appliance with the door.
Tools needed: Rubber mallet.
Procedure:
♦ Take the door off the appliance. Sometimes a rubber mallet is needed to tap on the bottom of
the door to lift it up.
♦ Install the cleanout door on the appliance. Line the cleanout door up to the hinge pins and
press down on the door to install it on the appliance (see picture #2).
♦ Close door and attach ash vac to tube as shown in picture #3.
♦ The first time you use the kit, drill ¼†hole in pipe caps.
♦ Insert air nozzle tube into appliance bending tube as needed.
♦ Turn ash vac on and blow air through the nozzle bending tube as needed to insure tubes have
been cleaned.
♦ Move tube to other pipe cap and repeat process.

Attachments

• [Hearth.com] Crazy but is it a Cool AES Maintenance kit for Magnum Country Flame? (Ash Cleanout) Has anyone seen
    MagnumMF3645MaintenanceKit.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 366
Hello

Does anyone have any comments on this???

Meh, leafblower works great and I don't hafta fab up nothing.

smoke show said:
Meh, leafblower works great and I don't hafta fab up nothing.

Does the leaf blower get the pellet dust out of the fire box like this does?

Don2222 said:

Pellet dust out of the fire box? Is that ash?

If so, not completely.

smoke show said:
Don2222 said:

Pellet dust out of the fire box? Is that ash?

If so, not completely.

Im not impressed either.

Leaf blower is cheaper and actually cleans the stove. This requires much more effort... Not a fan.

I an think of a few reasons as to why this is a bad idea.

1. You cannot see what you are doing
2. You are positively pressurizing the stove which will send fly into areas where it shouldn't be, such as the air intake, igniter carriage and air flow switch
3. You physically have to install a new door so you risk the chance of damaging the one you need

While this is great way to clean out the heat exchanger... you could simply open the ash pan door drop in your vac line and with the same flexible air hose and compressor, blast it all out. I do it all of the time.

For all of you who think the leaf blower is the be all end all...it doesn't work as good as you think it does on all stoves.

smwilliamson said:
I an think of a few reasons as to why this is a bad idea.

1. You cannot see what you are doing
2. You are positively pressurizing the stove which will send fly into areas where it shouldn't be, such as the air intake, igniter carriage and air flow switch
3. You physically have to install a new door so you risk the chance of damaging the one you need

While this is great way to clean out the heat exchanger... you could simply open the ash pan door drop in your vac line and with the same flexible air hose and compressor, blast it all out. I do it all of the time.

For all of you who think the leaf blower is the be all end all...it doesn't work as good as you think it does on all stoves.

Good points that come from alot of experience!!

Leaf blower seems to work great for the inseason cleanings. It doesnt take place of the deep clean at the end of each season.

Status
Not open for further replies.