Crab apple wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
Hello all I'm new to all this and am trying to build my a stock pile for my insert this winter I have a big pile of crab apple that I cut down last summer is that a good wood to burn inside. I have a bunch of ash mix in with it. Thank 3

I split some Crab apple wood about 6 years ago with my splitter. Very tough stuff to split, I am glad I had a splitter as I would knot want to do it by hand. I am sure it is good to burn , best to season at least two or three years. Best of luck to you as you set off on your firewood journey.

I split some Crab apple wood about six years ago with my splitter - tough stuff. I am glad I did knot have to split it by hand. I am sure it will be good firewood after 2 or 3 years of seasoning. Best of luck to you on your new firewood journey.

I've burned apple. It seasoned fast. Burned like cherry, and a sweet odor. Never had crab apple.