Covered Under Warranty - Englander 25-PDVC

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe B One925

Sep 19, 2014
Sturbridge, MA
Hi All,

I purchased my stove in Oct 2014, and did not return the 'warranty form'. I noticed that my glass gasket is fraying pretty significantly. Does anyone know (before I make the call) if Engalnder will cover this or because I didn't submit the warranty form within the first 30 days that it is null and void?

Any help would be great.

Thanks!!

Make the call. Worst would be they say no. If so go to a hardware or stove store and buy generic gasket the same size for a lot less than $29. But you will need to buy the cement to install it, which comes with the one from ESW. The killer with ESW parts is the shipping charge.

oh ok, so even if its covered under warranty you still have to pay the shipping?? Anyone know of a generic gasket that works for the 25-PDVC? It's been frayed it seems like from day 1! I've only had the stove for 3 months lol.

Yes, go to you local Ace Hardware store, they sell the stuff you need.

ya just call them and have the serial number and manufacture date for them.. you cant do it over the phone.. also have the date you bought it and how much you payed.. but im pretty sure that's a standard rope fiberglass gasket, they sell it a tractor supply as well

Reactions: Joe B One925
I keep trimming the frayed ends on my window glass every so often. The seal is good so I'm not worried.

the glass gasket is flat and wraps around the glass edge with self adhesive on it, it's common for the adhesive to let loose and the inside of the gasket starts getting burned and frays,easiest thing to do is trim the frayed gasket as it won't affect the seal.I have never seen the flat gasket at homedepot or lowes but maybe a stove shop would sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.