Couple insert questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

shortys7777

Minister of Fire
Nov 15, 2017
Smithfield, RI
Finally got around to getting the stove ready for the year. My wife broke a piece off of the ceramic baffle in the corner while I had it out and was using my sooteater. I shouldn't have to worry much should I? It's an inch in the corner.
Couple insert questionsCouple insert questions
Also what is this on my liner insulation? It's only near the collar. And I cant remember if the same amount of rust was on the top as last year. I'll have to keep an eye on it. While I was on the roof I checked everything. Everything is sealed up. I could always put some more silicone caulking around the base.
Couple insert questionsCouple insert questions

Looks like you could pin that piece with some furnace or refractory cement to the baffle. Worth a try. Otherwise, it doesn't look like a showstopper.

Yeah not really worth worrying about that baffle. Maybe try some cement if anal about things or even a stainless push pin or two.

I'd get up before it gets bad on the roof and check the connections; taking silicone with me.