Country Flame with Blower getting smoke in House

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jim 2525

Dec 11, 2018
Arkansas
We just bought a house with a 30 year old country flame built in with a blower that is vented to the entire house. I had the chimney cleaned and they said everything was good to go. First big fire I built and shut the doors, got the fire going great, and turned on the blower. After about 5 minutes the blower quit. I thought the thermostat had just kicked the blower off. However it will not come back on. The bigger problem though is the smell. The entire house smells like smoke. Heat still makes it’s way through the vents without the blower on, but the smoke smell is almost unbearable. Is it possible that smoke is getting into the ducts? Any thoughts? Thanks.

You would think the chimney guy would have examined the stove for any problems, but maybe not. I would look around in the firebox, behind the bricks, etc. for any cracks, or popped welds. What model is it? My neighbor has the cat model BBF..