Correct/ best liner type

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Welderman85

Feeling the Heat
Nov 1, 2017
Chesaning MI
Hello all I'm trying to decide witch liner to go with. Either preinsulated or do it my self. Are they both the same material. I'm ordering a kit from Rockford chimney. I have the room for the preinsulated to fit just fine. Bit was wondering it either of the two is a better material

I just installed 2 inserts with liners. I insulated them myself that was the easy part. I used double smooth wall on one of them and thin wall .006 on the other not impressed with either liner. My dad used heavy wall flexible liner on his, I wish I had the same.

Hello all I'm trying to decide witch liner to go with. Either preinsulated or do it my self. Are they both the same material. I'm ordering a kit from Rockford chimney. I have the room for the preinsulated to fit just fine. Bit was wondering it either of the two is a better material
Preinsulated is better if there are lots of areas that would snag the mesh of a site insulated liner. But it isn't as flexible as one you insulate. It also weighs considerably more. Either one is fine but each has their benefits and wraknesses