Convert PC45 to just burn pellets!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Holstein_Dude

Oct 12, 2019
Wisconsin
So I’ve been running a PC45 mixing corn and pellets for 3 seasons now and this year I’m going to switch to just pellets (cleaner and easier for the wife to do if I’m not around). Ideally I’d like to run it without the stir rod. I have seen that they used to sell a kit for converting it to just pellets and was wondering if anyone knows where to find it? I have looked online but can’t find the kit and cannot seem to find the piece that replaces the end grate for sale. Thanks for your help!

You can actually convert it to a P61. There used to be a kit for that. It was on the old literature.http://www.inglenookenergy.com/Stoves/Harman_Delete/Corn/PC45%20Brochure.pdf
On the last page it says that. It would take a little work but mostly plug and play stuff.

So I’ve been running a PC45 mixing corn and pellets for 3 seasons now and this year I’m going to switch to just pellets (cleaner and easier for the wife to do if I’m not around). Ideally I’d like to run it without the stir rod. I have seen that they used to sell a kit for converting it to just pellets and was wondering if anyone knows where to find it? I have looked online but can’t find the kit and cannot seem to find the piece that replaces the end grate for sale. Thanks for your help!
I have the kit. send me a pm

I have the kit. send me a pm
RONA, Glad to see you caught this. I have been going back and forth with the company that sold my PC45 to the people I bought mine from about the DIP switches. They change them to burn pellets there is a chart online. If you have that, let Holstein Dude know. I am on pellets now but really need to figure out the corn settings. Right now mine is as follows 1-2 are up 3-4-5 are down 6-7-8 are up.