cleaning the chimney liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Linden

Burning Hunk
Dec 28, 2012
Rhode Island
Hi all

This year I want to do all the cleaning. The only thing I wasnt sure about was the liner. I asked someone about the asheater for pellet stoves and he said a brush was for pellet ash and the eater for creosote.

Any thoughts? I may be overthinking this..

Tim

Use a brush. There's generally not that much fly ash or soot in there, since it's a froorced air exhaust.
YMMV, but a 3" or a 4" brush & the poles you need are cheap enough & it'll only be a one-time investment.

I found out I was searching the wrong thing.. sooteater and linteater *not* asheater ;-)

After looking at all the posts here I ordered the linteater. It's basically a brush but it has
other attachments that I could use elsewhere around the house.

Reactions: Justin M
Status
Not open for further replies.