Clean hearthstone day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mrpee

Jan 8, 2015
NorCal
To clean the flue on the hearthstone Hearitage do I remove the pipe at the stove and push it up the slip joint , tape a garbage bag to bottom?

To clean the flue on the hearthstone Hearitage do I remove the pipe at the stove and push it up the slip joint , tape a garbage bag to bottom?

You don’t say if your flue is all vertical or not but if it is, just pull the baffle and sweep the chimney from above or below. All of the junk will fall into the stove. Easy. Don’t break the baffle!

You don’t say if your flue is all vertical or not but if it is, just pull the baffle and sweep the chimney from above or below. All of the junk will fall into the stove. Easy. Don’t break the baffle!
How did you pull your baffle, without damage. I thought that might be helpful to know.

Right out the front. Easy peazy. There was one little cotter pin and a funny little stainless steel shield on the front tube that had to come out with it. Self explanatory. If the OP can’t figure it out then maybe come back and ask?