Chrome explosions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

maple1

Minister of Fire
Sep 15, 2011
Nova Scotia
Anybody else have issues with Chrome multiplying when on this site? I've noticed lately that not all that long after coming on and clicking a few threads it slows down considerably. I checked task manager and there were multiple Chrome processes running. So I closed Chrome, processes all disappeared. Then opened it again, opened a thread, and watched task manager. With me doing nothing I watched chrome processes popping up. Soon the list was full of nothing but chrome processes. Doesn't do it on any other web sites that I've seen yet. Still using XP SP3. Regular AVG and Malwarebytes scanning in effect.

Well, just in case someone comes to this with the same issue some day - I disabled third party cookie setting, and I haven't seen that happen again. Yet anyway. Still odd how this was the only site I noticed it happening with.