chimney size help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

jsnider79

Oct 31, 2017
listowel, ontario
hi, we are looking at purchasing the drolet classic wood stove and it says we need a 6" chimney.
we just had out old masonry chimney relined with a 5.5" as thats all that would fit. we have a 6" thimble through the wall.
will that setup work for the stove?

How tall is it? I guess you have two 90* bends with the thimble, then...that will subtract effective height.

I think it'll work fine from what you've described.

Chimney is a bout 30 feet high. They is a tee where it comes back into the house. And then there would be a 90 to hook to the stove
Ask the manufacturer they are the only ones that can say for sure

I’ve done this with a century heating freestanding stove same idea I have 2 90 with about 6 feet of 6 inche in black pipe inside connected to a 5.5 inche liner the liner is just under 30ft and it drafts fine on warmer days if you open the door to fast you get a puff of smoke but on cold days and a warm pipe it drafts great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk