Chimney pictures

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Woodywoodburner

Nov 1, 2020
CT
Good afternoon, I have a 6y.o. icc excel chimney pipe that is an "out and up" setup for wood stove. My installer cleaned the system mid February 2020. Ever since the cleaning, I have noticed a loud clunk "da-dunk" coming from the wall if the stove is heating up from cold. Same thing happens when cooling off/going out. I have attached pictures of the pipe and tee, does this look ok? Thanks for your feedback Chimney picturesChimney pictures

I recall ICC having an exceptional warranty. Atleast that is what my store told me who sells mainly ICC and Duravent. Noises are normal as parts heat up/cool down but if something has cracked in the process.. in that Photo I can see that seam partially separated. I would contact them. Chimneys these days are held to a pretty high standard and they seem to hire some sharp techs to troubleshoot over the phone or someone toq review photos. Warranty or not for that matter.

I don't think I'd worry, since it's outside. Then again, I'd probably re-do it to go straight up and out the roof..