Chimney kit questions

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here

melvinjo

Dec 13, 2023
Salem, Mo USA
I ordered an 8" chimney venting kit (see pic)

Of course there are no parts names that go with the diagram. I have called and looked online, where I ordered and no one can seem to breakdown what part name goes to the numbers on the diagram. I have listed the parts by name from the boxes I have. Some I can figure out on my own so I left those out.

Hopefully someone can ID what parts correspond to what number diagram. I have:

-Wall thimble
-Tee with cap
-Barometric draft control (type M) (Do I even use it?)
-Tee without cap
-Single wall slip connector
-Finishing collar
-Adjustable T support

[Hearth.com] Chimney kit questions

one of # 12 is slip connector and however many single wall pipes you need, #4 tee with cap, 7 8 9 10 wall thimble and collar , #6 adj support, #11 likely don't need but that is where the damper would be put with the tee sans cap. hope this helps some.

Are you sure you need an 8" (ID) flue?

Ah, I see a papa bear.

I ordered an 8" chimney venting kit (see pic)

Of course there are no parts names that go with the diagram. I have called and looked online, where I ordered and no one can seem to breakdown what part name goes to the numbers on the diagram. I have listed the parts by name from the boxes I have. Some I can figure out on my own so I left those out.

Hopefully someone can ID what parts correspond to what number diagram. I have:

-Wall thimble
-Tee with cap
-Barometric draft control (type M) (Do I even use it?)
-Tee without cap
-Single wall slip connector
-Finishing collar
-Adjustable T support

View attachment 330606
No you do not use a barometric damper