Changing fuse help needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JayRob2020

Oct 18, 2020
Colorado
I have a Napoleon NPS45 pellet stove that recently stopped working. There is power to the stove but the control panel lights didn’t light up. I opened the stove up and the fuse needed to be replaced. When I looked up what fuse to purchase my complete, beginner, confusion began.

The manual simply states replace the fuse with a 5amp, 250 volt fuse. Sweet! I can do that so I went to the store and then.... my confusion began. My problem is when I try to buy one, there are all these additional letters you need to know. Please help, I have no idea which one to purchase.

Do I purchase a AGC, MTH, GMA, GMD, one that starts with an S?

Do I need a Fast Acting, Time delay or slow burn?

I was really hoping it would be simple, purchase one that says 5Amp/250Volt, or that the manual would specify what additional letters I needed to know, but it doesn’t. I copied down the letters and numbers from the current burned out fuse.

We use the pellet stove for heat so having it not running isn’t good for us long term. Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• Changing fuse help needed
    195922E8-623B-4C8A-B38B-4CE46E03B587.jpeg
    134.1 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
According to you manual it shows a W285-0001 fuse, a 5 amp fuse. Question is whether its a slow or fast acting fuse...assume by the letters..