CB 1200 exhaust fan gasket Replace or reuse

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maraian

Nov 28, 2017
Annapolis, MD
Does this gasket need to be replaced after removing this fan in order to clean the exhaust fan and chamber or can it be reused?

CB 1200 exhaust fan gasket Replace or reuse

Doesn't hurt to have spare gaskets around. Exhaust fan, firepot, etc. kap

Doesn't hurt to have spare gaskets around. Exhaust fan, firepot, etc. kap
Thanks, good advice. I quess I wanted to know if any one knows if it is intended to be reused or not. My last stove’s fan used a rtv sealer that made it impossible to re use gasket. Does anyone know if this gasket uses a sealant?

Thanks, good advice. I quess I wanted to know if any one knows if it is intended to be reused or not. My last stove’s fan used a rtv sealer that made it impossible to re use gasket. Does anyone know if this gasket uses a sealant?

Does not require sealant.

I had to replace my combustion blower on my Quadrafire this year because I knew it wasn't going to last another season, that would have been 11 years on it and I noticed that the original gasket was a cheap semi paper gasket that I was not going to use again. Replacement gaskets that are made of a high temp silicone are the way to go.They sell them on Amazon for about $30.00 and are reusable. There will not be any sealer on your assembly unless someone else put some on there.