Castile Pellet Stove not Feeding..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

GoldMiner31

May 23, 2019
Colorado
So first off I’m a newb to the pellet stove game. So be easy on me. We bought a house in February with a quadrafire Castile stove in it and it’s been flawless until now. The stove is calling for pellets but no feed. I took it all apart and vacuumed everything that I could. The inside and the exhaust in the back. After I did I tried the first fire start from the manual and I started feeding again and I thought I had won the battle.... but a hour or so later it stopped working again. I’ve been reading thread after thread about possible problems but I’m not going to lie it doesn’t make sense to me. I have a little continuity meter and I touched it to every switch and light lit up. So I’m at a total loss and I’m looking for laymen term guidance. Please help.

Sounds like the bladder in the vacuum switch is leaking when the stove gets hot. I would test and / or replace the vacuum switch. :)

Another thing I’ve noticed is that the snap disk on the auger feed tube is wobbly and loose. Does that matter? I’d assume it should be snug. Correct me if I’m wrong.

Another thing I’ve noticed is that the snap disk on the auger feed tube is wobbly and loose. Does that matter? I’d assume it should be snug. Correct me if I’m wrong.
It should be snug for safety but if that high light mit Snap Disc has not tripped then it will not effect the stove operation.