Carpet under hearth question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Kandarohi

Sep 18, 2020
Yorkshire
I have an electric fire like in this picture that blows hot air downwards from high up. The base is a light yellowish wood that looks high quality. My question is about the carpet underneath this large base (in the picture its the white glossy base).

I have people coming to do screeding & then put in floor tiles.

What is your advice regarding the hearth base. Can it be removed and then refitted byt eh flooring people? does anything need to be under the base other than floor tiles? When the fire is on full blast for a long time the base is barely warm its not getting any heat on it really.

Thank you very much for your time & advice. (laymans reply pls I dont know terminology!)
Carpet under hearth question

If the base is wood, it should be fine on top of tile. Follow the manufacturer's directions for the unit.