Carolina Bat Cave I help?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Rospenc001

Dec 7, 2023
Clinton, MD
We just moved into this house, it has a wood stove insert. From what i can discern from the forums its a Carolina Bat Cave stove. We paid for it and the chimney to be cleaned. So it's ready for use.

I've never used a fireplace or stove insert, I'm from the tropics but alas had to move here for work.

1. Can someone direct me on how to use and maintain this, or where there's a video or manual explaining it?

2. Did I identify it right? (pic attached)

*Pardon the stuff next to it, and on it, it will be moved before use.

Thanks!

received_1061796848401695.jpeg

Something of that age I would hire a chimney professional to clean and inspect before use.

Something of that age I would hire a chimney professional to clean and inspect before use.
Definitely verify that the stove has a liner connected to it and that it is not depending on the surround seal.

There is a link on how to run old stoves at the top of this forum.

Fully seasoned wood is the first step toward a successful fire.

Definitely verify that the stove has a liner connected to it and that it is not depending on the surround seal.

There is a link on how to run old stoves at the top of this forum.

Fully seasoned wood is the first step toward a successful fire.
Thank you so much!