Cant find a replacement Catalyst?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Chippy Chaser

Nov 18, 2018
North East Ohio
I was cleaning my Astria Ladera today & noticed the cat is cracked in half. I'm sure it's my fault for burning some green wood during my initial learning curve, so I'm not expecting it to be covered by the warranty.

Does anyone know who manufactures the catalyst for Astria? I've searched everywhere online and no one lists replacement cats for Astria fireplaces. I cleaned the cat and I didn't see any part numbers or name.

I'm sure I can call Astria tomorrow to find out the skinny, I just thought someone here may know.

Thanks

If its just a crack that’s pretty common. If it’s crumbling then it should be replaced.

Reactions: Chippy Chaser
It’s good to know where to find a new cat and how much it will cost. Maybe even buy a spare since they only last so long. But don’t let a silly little crack stop you from enjoying the current cat. Unless it falls apart it will keep working.