Q&A Cannot identify fireplace insert manufacturer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I have a fireplace insert that has a blown two stage fan motor I would like to replace, but I can't identify the manufacturer. It has "VSCo" and "BB" stamped on one side of the damper with "D0218" stamped on the other. The unit itself is small, maybe two feet wide, has double glass door with metal removable covers. The motor is about 3-4"" in diameter and mounts on the rear of the unit. There is a thermal control mounted directly to the firebox and the hi/low/off switch control is separate. Any idea who made this - or where I might find parts?--

Answer:

Sounds like a Buck Stove.Parts and motors are available from Stove Parts Unlimited at: www.stovepartsunlimited.com

Link: Stove Parts Unlimited

Status
Not open for further replies.