Can you identify this stove? Anyone know the dimensions as well?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

mg93108

May 20, 2018
Joshua Tree, California
Hi friends
Can you help me to identify this stove?
Someone is selling it and we would like it for our off-grid cabin. I asked them about it and they know nothing about it.
Thanks in advance for your help!
IMG_5373.png

Last edited by a moderator:
At the time this was produced there were so many welding shops producing stoves it’s often hard to identify them. It’s very inefficient I can tell you that. Inserts like this usually sell for about scrap price. A few hundred bucks tops. Does your off grid cabin have a masonry fireplace in it?

I think I have seen this insert before. If so, it's a production model but my brain cells are not firing up an answer right away.

@coaly do you recognize it?

Yes...it has a masonry fireplace. It’s a pretty cool little place. It’s out in the desert east of Joshua Tree National Park. I really like the look of this one and it is cheap. It doesn’t get all that cold out there. At the worst it would get to about 30°. And so even if it’s a bit in efficient, I am probably OK. Love to hear more about it if anyone has more info

@webby3650 ... you said, "At the time this was produced..."
When do you think that these were manufactured? 70's?
Late 70’s maybe very early 80’s? It’s a beast and will most likely have a rectangular flue opening, making it very difficult or impossibly to attach a liner to it. You don’t want to just slide it into your fireplace. That’s not safe.
There are so many great options out there that allow an awesome view of the fire. Personally I think you’d be doing yourself a disservice by installing that thing.