Can you believe that it was still running?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

smwilliamson

The Stove Guy
Hearth Supporter
Woman called and said that her stove was taking 10-15 tries before it would light. hmmmmmm. This is a Summer's Heat stove. When I arrived it was actually working but cleaning the flue and the stove completely filled my 8 gal ash vac,
[Hearth.com] Can you believe that it was still running?

Sheesh. That's a testimony to the Englander that it worked at all.

where's the burn pot?? is the baffle plate installed correctly in the picture? it should be against the back wall above the burn pot, looks like a 55-shp10 or 22, cannot see enough in the picture to distinguish which.

hey , we build em tough but GEEZ!! that stoves a bloody mess! i hate seeing pictures like that but i know it happens, i get calls from folks all winter long because "the stoves not burning right" or "i got a lazy flame" , when you ask how long its been since its been cleaned they swear "i clean it every day!" here are a few pictures of one i had a while back

love this one...

stoveguy2esw said:
where's the burn pot?? is the baffle plate installed correctly in the picture? it should be against the back wall above the burn pot, looks like a 55-shp10 or 22, cannot see enough in the picture to distinguish which.

hey , we build em tough but GEEZ!! that stoves a bloody mess! i hate seeing pictures like that but i know it happens, i get calls from folks all winter long because "the stoves not burning right" or "i got a lazy flame" , when you ask how long its been since its been cleaned they swear "i clean it every day!" here are a few pictures of one i had a while back

love this one...

It's underneath all that ash. Mike, seriously, I do not how this thing started up...but it did. I've always liked your products anyway...so I guess I'm biased. It's the 22 model. What the camera doesn't capture is the paint can sized dump that came out when I opened the door and hit the rug. They don't make drop clothes big enough! KAPOOOOOF!

I bet the owner said "your supposed to clean these things?????"

That's one ugly mess there!

HOLY COW!

I just dont understand some people!

Yup, we cleaned it every day and twice on Sundays.

Oh, you mean, not just the hopper?

Status
Not open for further replies.