Can someone tell me anything about this Hearthstone wood burning stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

PlanB

Feb 8, 2019
South Jersey
The only numbers on it are 0056.. Was there when They bought the house in 2019.The house was built in 2014-15.

Can someone tell me anything about this  Hearthstone wood burning stoveCan someone tell me anything about this  Hearthstone wood burning stoveCan someone tell me anything about this  Hearthstone wood burning stove

looks to be in beautiful condition.

Thank You,I searched for a week for something that looked like it and couldent find anything.( In general Im not good with internet..:oops: Except for sites like this:))
Whats the deal with the vented flu?
Is there anything special about the stove (besides it looks good)that makes it worth $2k

Yes, it's the freestanding version of the Homestead. The price is whatever the seller thinks they can get for it, though the enamel and rear heatshield add about $600 to the retail price. Is it unused? If so, that is not a bad price. If used I would knock off a few hundred. The vented pipe is double-wall stove pipe. The inner liner is sealed.

Reactions: PlanB
Yes, it's the freestanding version of the Homestead. The price is whatever the seller thinks they can get for it, though the enamel and rear heatshield add about $600 to the retail price. Is it unused? If so, that is not a bad price. If used I would knock off a few hundred. The vented pipe is double-wall stove pipe. The inner liner is sealed.
Good info,,Thank you. It's used but rarely,will see what she will take off.

Im supposed to go look at this stove tomorrow,,,Is there anything in particular I should be looking for with this model ? The Obvious like breaks but anything else ?

The ash grate is the first thing to warp on these. Then stones crack.. This particular hearthstone doesn’t seem prone to cracking like the others. Looks to be in good shape. What’s the asking price?

Thanks for the tip on ash pan and cracking. Asking was $2000,down to $1500
Is the warped ash pan what makes it not airtight and burns through wood fast ?

That is a decent price. The stove looks practically new. One small caveat, the door and stove body is low on this stove. It requires a fairly high, R=2.5 hearth insulation value with the 6" legs.

Leaving in a couple minutes , Pretty excited ==c This will be replacing a kent tile fire in my garage .The Kent is a little small for the garage (1800sf)with 12' ceiling )It has a concrete floor so Im good with the hearth. I just had a buddy give me a price to replace my block chimney,He was just going to charge me material, BUT this stove has flue with it.

The Good and the Bad
The Good
I brought a flashlight and my glasses:p to look for warping , cracks, anything. I found nothing. Took 20 minutes to uncrate it and then unwrap it. (When they took it out and stored it they wrapped it & created it .It could have been shipped the way they had it :).)
Well when I first saw it my thoughts were "HOLY MOLY " this thing is absolutely beautiful and in Showroom condition .
They also had 66" of the interior flu and 22" of the SS outside flue.Plus the part that goes through the ceiling.
The Bad
It was smaller then I was expecting . 50,000 BTUs. Supposably is good for 1800sf ? The Kent is also 50,000 BTUs ,so I dont know ifs its gonna put out any better heat then the kent??I would imagine since its 20 + years(??) newer then the kent It will put out better heat??
And the Good again
Got it for $900.
Its raining so Its still in the van Ill get pics when I unload it.

That's a beauty!! You got a nice deal! We really like our Hearthstone.

That's a heckuva good deal. It will burn and heat differently than the Kent. Give it more time to warm up, don't rush it. You will be impressed with how long after the fire has died down that the stove still is releasing heat.

Thank you.Your comments make me feel a little better about it. I believe Now that I have it ,My thoughts are,,,,its just too nice to put in a garage. :oops: But until something else comes along , thats where its going. Trying to get it installed before I head out of state next week. Was about to replace the chimney but have now switched directions and am going with double wall.Wouldn't be so bad if I knew what I was doing:rolleyes: No one seems to have the roof flange I need so might have to order that.

Got it installed sunday . I really dont like the ideal of it being in the garage just because its to nice to be there. Instead of rebuilding the block chimney I Went with Double wall because the stove came with 1- 6'adj section adj DW and a 12" triple wall so I only needed 1 more adj double wall ,a 3' SS chimney and the roof flange(dang thats expensive$$,but still cheaper then a new block chimney). As it stands the chimney is 14' tall . I read the Straight up is the best way to go so thats what I did .Its 8" off any combustables . I put it up on the old chimney block just so I dont have to get on my knees to load.The area under the stove will get loaded with kindling. Haven't fired it up yet. . Thats where Im at.Any tips or critiques before firing it up?

Attachments

• Can someone tell me anything about this  Hearthstone wood burning stove
    IMG_5992.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 182
    IMG_5991.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 189
Shes a beaut, Get rid of that rear heat shield will really make it pop

Very pretty! I wish we'd have put ours up on that many blocks. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

That's an awfully pretty garage stove.
;em

Shes a beaut, Get rid of that rear heat shield will really make it pop
That heat shield was there when it was a 275 gal oil tank that the previous owner made. Whats behind it is sheetrock.Half Blue Half white and I really dont want to get into painting. What I might do is remove the 2x4 spacers in back of it and put that right up on the wall to block any future holes from stacking the fire wood. What was cool about it is,it was an Atlantic city expressway sign and on the back it says Welcome to ATLANTIC CITY Worlds Famous Playground. Wish I would have known that 20+ years ago when I bought the house .Its all peeled now :oops:

Very pretty! I wish we'd have put ours up on that many blocks. Hindsight is 20/20 I guess.
Hindsight for me would have been to put a real woodstove in 20 years ago
Can someone tell me anything about this  Hearthstone wood burning stove

Reactions: ispinwool
Now for the next question.(If I should start a new thread someone tell me)
I fired it up and when I open or close the air control it really doesn't have any effect. It just burns Hot and fast which I believe is due to the ash pan. But before I installed it I check to make sure the gasket was tight, by sticking a light in the ash drawer and looking for light in the box. Is there another thing I can do?

Its definitely coming from the ash pan. Im letting it die down now so I can look again. Its like a jet engine when I raked the coals over the grate. This is with the air control closed

Attachments

IMG_6012.jpeg
    66.9 KB · Views: 120
;em

That heat shield was there when it was a 275 gal oil tank that the previous owner made. Whats behind it is sheetrock.Half Blue Half white and I really dont want to get into painting. What I might do is remove the 2x4 spacers in back of it and put that right up on the wall to block any future holes from stacking the fire wood. What was cool about it is,it was an Atlantic city expressway sign and on the back it says Welcome to ATLANTIC CITY Worlds Famous Playground. Wish I would have known that 20+ years ago when I bought the house .Its all peeled now :oops:

Hindsight for me would have been to put a real woodstove in 20 years ago
View attachment 267088
I got it .
I thought it was concrete. Nice stove